If you feel overwhelmed by a collection of historical items that is in disarray, disorder, or just plain confusing, I can help.
I can tackle a job with an eye to making order out of even the most chaotic of collections. You will be surprised at how the process of organization will bring to light ideas, potentials, and usually a few treasures.
Archives Management Services include:
- Collections assessment
- Evaluation of condition of photographs, paintings, artifacts, documents, books, media, and other items.
- Creation of inventory of items.
- Creation of an organizational system for the items.
- Determine and recommend a storage system for your items.
- Proposal of specific uses for items.
Collections assessments will be conducted to evaluate the collection in terms of the extent and nature of items, current storage facilities, current state of the organization of the collection, ie, the inventory, the potential to digitize items, and issues concerning preservation, conservation and use of items.
Collections assessment proposals will includes steps for:
- Organization (storage, inventory, access)
- Preservation (evaluation in terms of steps needed to preserve items
- Conservation (identify items in need of conservation)
- Ownership (determine intellectual ownership of materials and levels of access)
- Research (for publications, promotions, newsletters, websites)
- Fundraising & Promotion (how to turn collections into efforts to raise an organization’s profile, appeal to the interest of a wider audience, and assist in a variety of development efforts.)
- Presentation: How to turn your history into a useful past.
For more information or to set up a phone or in-person consultation, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org