Since 2006, I have worked to bring books into print, from publishing a memoir from the 1920s (found in an archive) to producing a new critical edition of a long out-of-print book. I do all the work to get the book ready for sale and then use a print on demand publisher. Not only is this cost efficient for any budget, but it also means that authors have complete control over the published book. Whether you are in need of an original book or want to publish an older book with new material, I can help bring any book into print from A to Z!
Types of Books:
- Original narrative
- History of an historic site or museum
- Organizational history
- New edition of an older, out-of-print book
- Family history
- Tour book or souvenir book
- Consultation to determine the scope of your project.
- Research the content to provide historical and meaningful context.
- Copyright searches.
- Layout and book design.
- ISBN and bar code assignments.
- Listing in all major book databases.
- Cover design.
- Image research and reproduction.
- Upload and management of print-on-demand service.
- Listing book online in major retailers (Amazon, Barnes and Noble).
Below are a few of the books I’ve brought into print. I worked on all aspects from research and layout to the complete design of each of these books, including cover design:
A Journal of the Great War by Charles Gates Dawes
A Classic Town: The Story of Evanston by Frances Willard
My Hut: A Memoir of a YMCA Volunteer in World War One by William Levere